Our mission is to research, preserve, exhibit, and promote the history of the Black Fives Era of basketball in order to help teach life lessons while honoring its pioneers and their descendants.
The Corporation is organized under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and will be operated exclusively for charitable purposes to research, preserve, exhibit, and promote the pre-1950 history of African American basketball teams (the “Black Fives Era”) in order to:
- teach leadership and character development,
- promote educational advancement,
- enrich appreciation of culture and the arts,
- build fitness and health awareness,
- encourage community-based youth programming,
- advocate for the recognition of the era’s pioneers and their descendants, and,
- enable these efforts through innovative uses of technology as well as via traditional means.